Everyone is so busy these days in the rat race that we forget to stay healthy. Our lifestyle makes it very difficult to incorporate healthy habits. Sometimes we feel that 24 hours are too less, we wish there was some more time each day. But alas! We have to fit in everything in the same time frame. Do not worry, we are here to help you so that you can do more at the same time.
Here are a few tips we would like to share so that you can make the most out of your day:
- Make a list: it is a very good habit to jot down all the things that you need to do in a single day. This way you will not be forgetting anything and attend to all your activities and still sneak in time for yourself. Mention tasks as per priority. Remember to add small sessions of work out, maybe five minutes each on the same list. You will see that you have been able to do some workout even in the same routine.
- Do effective workout: you do not have to spend hours in a gym to get fit. It can be done at home or in the office. Remember to do exercises for small sessions, but they should be specific and effective. Such as squatting can be done in the office also for two minutes with the use of your chair. You do take a tea break, spend two minutes for yourself.
- Healthy quick bites: whenever you feel hungry you should eat healthy food. Avoid snacking on high carbohydrates or fats. Do not go in for chocolates, sweets, or cold drinks. And for late-night snacks prefer to have a fruit-like an apple or a banana. You can learn some quick recipes to save time while you get to have a fulfilling experience.
- Walk while you talk: if you have long calls and mostly work on the phone. Step out of the office and start walking while you talk. This way your work will not be hampered and you still get some exercise. Use handsfree and you can also do some arm movement while you walk. But remember do not try jogging or running, as this will make you breathe heavily and you will not be able to talk properly.
- Healthy hotel: whenever you go out for a meeting to another city book a hotel that has a gym and healthy menu. This way you will be able to do the workout before you leave for work and have a portion of scrumptious but healthy food.
- Swimming: you can try swimming, it is a very entertaining and refreshing activity. The plus point for you will be that the calories burnt in doing swimming for the same time as compared to walking are multiple times more. You can do it alone or make it a family time activity. This way you will be spending some leisure time with the family and at the same time burn calories.
- Relax and get good sleep: try to get at least eight hours of sleep. Also, make sure you have a sound sleep. Drink a glass of hot milk before you go to bed. Have a shower and relax. When the body is well-rested the mind also functions well. You will be able to perform better and feel happy.
- Leave bad habits: if you are a chain smoker or a compulsive drinker then try to reduce the amount of these as much as possible. These not only create health issues but also affect your personal and professional life. Try to add superfood to your diet. Eat dishes with turmeric, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, beetroot, berries, and apples.
It is in human nature to be busy and neglect ourselves the most. We are so busy taking care of the needs of others, financial or physical, that we forget about ourselves. But to be able to care for others the first requirement is to be fit yourself. Try to make small changes as suggested and no extra effort will be needed. You will be able to notice positive changes in your health and fitness along with mental peace. You will be spending more quality time with friends and family. Also, inspire others around you to stay fit.